For 2012 we are offering something new to Gazelles by encouraging you to sign up for a marathon of our choosing. Gilbert has selected the California International Marathon (Sacramento) on December 2nd as the first ever “Gazelle Destination” event. It’s our goal to have 150+ runners traveling to the marathon and relay for an exciting weekend, excellent course, and great weather!
Guaranteed Registration (must sign up by September 1st)
Discount Airfare (pending)
Coaches Travel With The Group
Are you running your first marathon or half marathon? Trying to qualify for Boston? Want to improve? Join Austin’s legendary training group for marathon training the Gazelles way. Runners of all different abilities are welcome to this exciting group dynamic where you’ll gain a broad understanding of training philosophy, race strategy, nutrition and more under the guidance of former NCAA champion Gilbert Tuhabonye.
All groups meet at RunTex Riverside in the Gazelle Training Center. Workouts typically last 65-75 minutes and incorporate a variety of intervals, hills, track sessions, fartleks, tempo runs, pace runs, long runs and more!
On Saturdays, all Gazelle groups meet at 6 AM for the long run which feature courses tailored toward preparing you for the marathon. All long runs are fully supported with detailed routes, water/Gatorade every 2-2.5 miles, coaches on-site, and a bonus stretching session afterward.
– Three (3) group meetings per week with bonus stretching session on Saturdays
– Customized training calendar tailored to your needs and ability
– Occasional video analysis of your running form pending light, weather, etc.
– Complimentary participation in up to eight (8) Boot Camp/Yoga classes per week
– Access to an online services, including a member forum, videos and a Gazelle Gear store with specially priced apparel.
– 15% discount on apparel and gear at all RunTex locations
1) There is no stand-alone half marathon, however, there is a relay of 2-6 participants.
2) We are not arranging travel for any participants.
3) A list of hotels with discounted rates will be provided in August 2012.
4) We are not registering any participants – you must do it on your own through the Sacramento website.
Downtown – Mon/Wed 5:45 a.m., 7:30 a.m. or 9:15 a.m. or Circle C – T/Th 5:45 AM or Far West – M/W 5:45 AM + Downtown Saturday 6:00 a.m.
Monday, August 6, 2012
$285.00 New Gazelles (One Time Payment for Entire Training)
$235.00 Returning Gazelles (One Time Payment for Entire Training)